Baked Tacos

 

tacos, taco

I was told if I served the family baked tacos, they would never want anything else ever again. 
I was NOT misinformed.

Super easy and super delicious!

Ingredients:

Stand and Stuff Taco Shells (this is what I used but you could use other shells if you want)
1 lb grounds meat (I used turkey but you could use beef or chicken)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
1 onion, chopped (optional)
Taco Seasoning to taste
Shredded cheese (I used a Colby/Cheddar mix but you can use Cheddar or a Mexican blend)

Directions:

1. Brown your meat and onion in a skillet with some taco seasoning. Use as little or as much seasoning as you prefer. I added a lot of seasoning for extra spice and kept adding the seasoning as it cooked.
2. Add black beans when meat is about halfway cooked.
3. Place your taco shells on a cookie sheet or baking tray.
4. When the meat is cooked through and onions are softened, spoon into your taco shells.
5. Top with cheese
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes

Top with your choice of taco ingredients such as tomato, jalapeno, onion, lettuce, cilantro, guacamole, sour cream 

(Diet tip: if you like sour cream but not all the calories, use greek yogurt instead).

FYI - I made 18 shells because that's what came in the box and there were NO leftovers (for 3 of us). Let's just say I only had 2 tacos. The boys devoured them. 







Comments

Popular Posts